Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mexican Wedding Cakes



I have always liked these cookies so I decided to make them for Christmas this year. I had help from my granddaughter, Samantha. She liked rolling the dough between her hands. Austin liked stealing bites of the dough!

I found the recipe on Paula Deen's website. The cookies were yummy! I made balls instead of crescent shapes.

Ingredients

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
1 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces.

Directions

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer at low speed, cream butter and confectioners sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. At low speed, gradually add the flour. Mix the pecans with a spatula.

With floured hands, take out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into a crescent. Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies. Place onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 40 minutes. Roll in additional confectioners sugar while still warm. Cool completely on wire racks.

No comments: