Sunday, January 30, 2011

Easy Homemade Mac 'n Cheese


I found this recipe on Pennies on a Platter site. I LOVE her recipes and I love Mac 'n Cheese. This recipe was super easy and really good. I may use medium cheddar cheese next time. My son definitely gave it a thumbs up!

I've been sick off and now since before Christmas with a never ending cough. I ended up going to doctor on Wednesday. He is testing me for allergies on Friday and next Tuesday; did some other tests too. I got a flu and pneumonia shot but the flu shot made me sick...fever, achy. I must feel better today since I made new dishes! I just want to quit coughing for good. I ALWAYS have a slight tickle and a slightly stuffy nose.

Anyway....on to the recipe. I halved the recipe since it's just my son and I eating.

Easy Homemade Mac 'n Cheese

Ingredients:

12-16 ounces large elbow macaroni (or desired pasta)
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
6 T butter, divided
2 eggs
1 (14 oz) can evaporated milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; cook to al dente.

Meanwhile, melt 2 T butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Layer half of the pasta into the pan, then top with half of the cheese. Dot with 2 T of the remaining butter. Repeat layers, ending with dotted butter.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs and evaporated milk. Pour evenly over the pasta. Bake for 20 minutes.

Yield: 8-10 side dish servings.

No comments: