Monday, February 7, 2011

Belgium Waffles




I have been wanting a Belgium Waffle maker for quite a while. I was at Target Friday and spotted this one at a good price. I had to have it!

We decided to have breakfast for dinner tonight. I wanted to dry out the waffle maker, too. I used the recipe for Quick Waffles that came in the manual. It was simple and good. Makes less waffles than it says, but oh well.

For 1 1/2 waffles, I added chocolate chips. I was going to do blueberries, but they looked a little leery!

Quick Waffles

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1 T vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T baking powder
2 tsp sugar

Directions:

Beat whole eggs in a bowl until thick. Beat milk, melted butter and vanilla into eggs. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Sift into egg mixture, and mix well. Bake as directed for waffle maker.

2 comments:

Alwayzbakin said...

Now that's one tool I don't have. The waffles look delicious!

Libby said...

We have that same waffle maker at our house and love it! I'm going to have to make this recipe because I've been looking for a good homemade waffle recipe. Yummm!