Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good 'n Easy Apple Cake


I found this recipe in Southern Plate cookbook (Love, Love the book!). I didn't have the apple pie filling, so I substituted a can of peach pie filling. So, I actually made Good 'n Easy Peach Cake! Christie was right...very easy to make. And, man is it GOOD! Loved it hot and cold. I served mine once with Cool Whip and the next time with vanilla ice cream. Both ways are delicious. It took the cake over to my parents for dinner's dessert. My mom called me the next day to tell me that this was one of the best cakes she has ever had!

Good 'n Easy Peach Cake

Ingredients:

CAKE:
1-21 oz can apple (or peach) pie filling
1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
4 T margarine or butter, softened

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 13"x9" pan. Pour out filling onto plate and coarsely chop with knife. Place in large bowl and add cake mix, eggs and 1 cup nuts; mix well. Pour into baking pan.

Mix all the topping ingredients well with a fork and sprinkle over top of the cake.

Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

3 comments:

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Yummmm! I'm going to have to buy that cookbook! I've been meaning to but haven't gotten around to it. This cake sounds delicious!

Reeni said...

The cake looks scrumptious! I love the idea of peaches in it!

marla said...

Hey there! This is the cake I chose for the Secret Recipe Club this month :) Nice to "meet" you.