Sunday, April 3, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to let you know what I made for St. Patrick's Day. My son is very small part Irish on his dad's side and loves to have an "Irish" meal. I oblige of course.

Some of what we had was previously made:







The new recipe I made this year was Betty Crocker's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie. Man, was that awesome!

Ingredients:

2 pints mint chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
1-6 oz ready to use chocolate flavored pie crust
1 1/4 cups crushed chocolate mint cookies
1 cup chocolate fudge topping

Directions:

Spread 1 pint of the ice cream in pie crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed cookies over ice cream. Cover and freeze 1 hour.

Spread remaining pint of ice cream over cookies. Cover and freeze about 3 hours or until firm.

Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with fudge topping; sprinkle with remaining cookies. Cover and freeze any remaining pie.

1 comment:

Dliche said...

I love Corned Beef and Hash! Ooooh, this was good! I had some leftover corned beef so I used that rather than canned (450 cal per serving with canned! OMG!!!). Real corned beef must have fewer calories and fat than canned. (But if you feel the need to correct my nutritional beliefs, please be kind because I want to make this again..). I also heeded some of the reviews and used half of the pepper and vinegar. I was expecting the vinegar to be overpowering, but after 20 minutes it was just right. Don't buy the stuff out of the can...this is soooo much better!