Friday, December 2, 2011

Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs




I get an email every day from Mr. Food. On the 29th, I received one that included this recipe. I knew I had to try it. It looked so delicious....and it was! Both my son and I really enjoyed it. I served Ragu with it, spaghetti noodles and cheesy garlic bread. I will definitely make this one again. In fact, one of my Girl Scout moms spotted it and took my recipe home with her!

This was a good week night meal. It goes together fast. The longest part was rolling the meatballs and waiting impatiently for the meatballs to cook!

Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs

Yields: 20 meatballs

Preparation Time: 10 min

Cooking Time: 15 min

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (8-ounce) block mozzarella, cut into 20 (1/2-inch) cubes
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well.
  3. Divide mixture into 20 meatballs, then form each meatball around a mozzarella cube, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
Before baking


Straight from the oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look ridiculously delicious! I have to try these.