This past week was my choice for Foodie Fanatics. I saw these on someone else's blog and thought they sounded really good.
I was right. They were easy and delicious. Another excellent and quick meal from Paula Deen.
My daughter, Kelly, and I made these at her house last night. They were quick. We had other stuff in the oven (tiny tator tots to go with the mini hamburgers...get it?!), so we fried the burgers. They came out great.
I wasn't a big fan of the slider sauce, but it's a matter of preference. My daughter and son-in-law loved it.
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
2 lbs ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Parker House-style rolls, split and toasted (we used slider rolls, untoasted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground chuck, bacon, cheese, pepper and salt.
3. Form mixture into 25 (2-inch) patties. Place on cooling rack. Bake 20 minutes.
4. Spread Slider Sauce on bottom half of each roll; top with 1 burger.
5. Spoon Caramelized Onions evenly over each burger, cover with top half of each roll. Serve immediately.
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp sweet pickle relish
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. Greek Seasoning (see below)
1/4 tsp sugar
Mix together in bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
2 T butter
2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring frequently, 10 to 12 minutes, or until caramel colored.
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.