Sunday, January 1, 2012

Copy Cat Club: Sonic Root Beer Freeze

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve. We did. My daughter and her family came over. My 15 year old son had six friends over. (five spent the night) We grilled out burgers, ate a lot, played the Wii, toasted with champagne, laughed alot. We also decided to have these Root Beer Freezes after dinner. This is one of the recipes for the Copy Cat Club.

They were very delicious. Most of the kids had the root beer (A&W, of course, since my first job as a teen was waitressing at an A&W Restaurant in Ohio). One had Coke, I tried strawberry soda and my daughter had Cherry Coke. All came out very good. These are definitely to make again. Kelly actually made these for us, but I was going to do these during the week.

I found the recipe on Copy Kat. There are some yummy looking stuff there. The recipe is super simple. Two ingredients! I would recommend trying different sodas.

Sonic Root Beer Freeze

2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup root beer

Directions:

Place both ingredients into a blender, and mix for about 30 seconds on puree.

How easy is that!!!
My grandkids finishing off my freeze.


The root beer and ice cream in the blender


Kelly's Cherry Coke Freeze


My strawberry soda freeze

1 comment:

Barbara Bakes said...

Such a fun, simple recipe. I especially like the strawberry version. I haven't had one at Sonic. Guess I've been missing out.