Sunday, January 22, 2012

Foodie Fanatics: Chicken Empanadas



This week's Foodie Fanatics recipe was chosen by Michele of Makin' Cakin' Weekends. I must say these were great! I have to admit, I didn't get to make these myself. My daughter, grandkids, and I were all set to make but I received a phone call that my mom had fallen and was on the floor. Kelly and I drove over there. Mom was fine. Her legs just are not real strong and when she bent to pick up something, they gave out. She was sitting in front of her chair in the living room, embarrassed. My dad was not able to pick her up by himself. They are both almost 79 years old. Kelly and I got her up and stayed to chat for a little.

My son-in-law, bless his heart, fixed the empanadas. We left out the bell pepper since I'm not the biggest fan. We used jarred jalapeno. This was not hard to make he said. They were really great. The recipe can be found HERE.

Good choice, Michele!


1 comment:

Michele said...

They look great! It's a shame I didn't make them.